Anadarko’s origins lie in the 1878 consolidation of the Fort Sill Indian Agency and the Wichita Agency on the south side of the Washita River. From this site the Federal Government administered the affairs of the Southern Indians, and trading posts became established at the site of Old Town, along the north edge of present-day city boundaries.
The City of Anadarko sprang into existence as part of the Land Lottery Bill of 1901, six years prior to statehood. 63 lots were sold at auction the first day in the newly designated town.
CITY OF ANADARKO 501 WEST VIRGINIA, 405-247-2481